PHRA FORTHCOMING EVENTS
- MEET and GREET over coffee at CUE BAR Sunday January 28th at 11 am. A chance for an update on our exciting programme, and to check out our latest new restaurant—maybe you’ll stay on for Sunday lunch.
- New PHRA walking group meeting at Roundshaw Down (old Croydon Airport) Saturday February 11th, 11 am. for a family friendly walk. Roundshaw Down is the large open space to the right of the Purley Way, soon after the Croydon Airport Hotel It will not be a strenuous walk; one to one and a half hours, and all on the flat. The down is fascinating. Formerly the site of the old London Airport—Charles Lindberg landed here after his historic Atlantic crossing—it has reverted to nature and indeed is now a nature reserve, being one of the UK’s few remaining areas of unimproved chalk grassland. During the winter, a small herd of Sussex Bullocks grazes the land, enhancing the biodiversity of the down. Details of this walk will be emailed to members nearer the time, but please put it in your diary now—the group needs to be supported if it is to continue. We hope you will bring your children and grandchildren, and a young person’s activity sheet will be provided at the start of the walk.
- AGM St Philip’s Church Hall April 12th at 7pm (provisional date)
- - PHOTOGRAPHIC EXHIBITION. This year we are repeating our photographic exhibition. We are inviting all members to submit up to three photographs illustrating an aspect of Pollards Hill or Norbury to be exhibited in Norbury Library probably in early May 2018. Details to follow in the sprin. There will also be a special category for children under 14—we will be issuing single use cameras free of charge at the AGM on April 12th to the parents of any child who wishes to enter,
- DAWN CHORUS ON THE HILL TOP 5.30 AM AT THE TOP GATE, Monday May 7th May 7th is International Dawn Chorus Day
- THE POLLARDS HILL SUMMER TREASURE HUNT Can you solve the clues and follow the trail? Family event throughout August—details to follow
- OUTDOOR SUMMER EVENT IN SEPTEMBER Provisional date Sunday September 16th. Watch this space for further details.
OTHER LOCAL EVENTS OF INTEREST
LOVE NORBURY CHRISTMAS FAIR At Norbury Manor Primary School on Satruday November 24t, from 12 till 4.
SERVICE OF NINE LESSONS AND CAROLS - The traditional service at St Philip's Church with their internationally famous choir. Sunday December 17th at 6.30 pm.